How to download and use Node.js Binary Zip file in Windows?
Follow the below steps to use Node.js Binary Zip file in Windows.
- Go to https://nodejs.org/en/download/
- Choose your preference LTS (or) Current Version
- Then you can find the list of installers, binaries and source code at the bottom
- Click the 32-bit (or) 64-bit to download based on your needs from the Windows Binary (.zip) row
- Unzip the downloaded file node-vxx.xx.x-win-xxx.zip to your system local drive. For example, D:\nodejs
- Open the command prompt
- Copy the path of the Unzipped node directory "D:\nodejs"
Write in command prompt:
set path=copied_path. For example,
Then verify the path by using
- This will return the Node.js version
Now, you can start use the Node.js binaries without installation.
- The above method doesn't ask administrator permission
- The path added is temporary, applicable for the particular command window instance
- If you want to set this path globally you need to add it in Environment Variables [System Properties]